|A geological Combination Game|
|Players:||2 - 4|
|Trios per color:||2|
|Number of colors:||3-5|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|A Chessboard ( a Chessboard Bandana works nicely (a volcano board for 2 or 3 players will work too. ))and a card for each color used|
|Setup time:||10 minutes|
|Playing time:|| 20 minutes|
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
Choose 1 color for each player and one additional color. Place 2 trees of each color into a bag and mix them up. Each player in turn draws a piece from the bag and places it on the board. (keep in mind the goal is to get all of your color connected in one group and you won't know which color is yours until AFTER the board is set up).
After the board is set up each player draws one card and keeps it secret. That card determines your color. The unused card is set aside and no one plays that color.
On your turn you may (with ANY piece on the board)...
- Move - one space orthogonally to an unoccupied space.
- Push - all pieces in a line with the chosen piece one space in any orthogonal direction until an empty space is encountered as long as no pieces are pushed off the board.
- Hop - Move a piece a number of spaces equal to its pip count in any orthogonal direction. If the landing space is empty simply place the piece there. If not, move pieces back toward the point of origination until an empty space is encountered.
Before the R3 Hops:
- Rotate -Rotate the pieces along the edges of any rectangle, either clockwise or counterclockwise.
A Counter Clock Wise Rotate - Before:
- Swap - Trade the places of any two Orthogonally adjacent pieces
- You may not move any piece off the edge of the board.
- You may not create an Island (a piece not adjacent (orthogonally or diagonally) to any other piece.
- You may not make a move that simply undoes the last move.
Victory is achieved by connecting all of the pieces of your color orthogonally.
Not Quite Winning:
- Conversely, Although it says two-four players it can be played with five and no unused color though it will change the game dynamic a bit.