|John Cooper with the Zendo Four|
|A strategy game of starships, transformation, and negotiation|
|Players:||2 - 6|
|Trios per color:||5|
|Number of colors:||4|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|Homeworld markers (optional) and good/evil markers (optional)|
|Setup time:||2 minutes|
|Status: Complete (v1.0), Year released: 2001|
Homeworlds is an Icehouse game about the epic struggle between good and evil in space. It is an abstract wargame, in which players build ships, trade ships, explore the galaxy, and attack each other. Resource management and positioning in a topologically, rather than geometrically, connected environment are crucial elements of the strategy. The standard multiplayer game involves bluffing and deduction, in the style of Are You A Werewolf?. A Homeworlds game between just two players is known as Binary Homeworlds.
Homeworlds is a redeveloped version of IceTraders. Most people consider Homeworlds to be a vast improvement, and prefer this version over its earlier incarnations.
Binary Homeworlds, the 2-player version.
Sinister Homeworlds, an alternate multiplayer format
MuWorlds, a way to play Homeworlds with a highly portable Mu deck
StarRunners was designed to reduce the learning curve of Homeworlds. It's a single-stash roll-and-move race game that uses the Homeworlds star-to-star connection system, a mechanic that often confuses new players.
- The original rules are available online.
- The current official rules are available online.
- Thy Pyramid Quartet rules (latest: revision 13) are available online.
- Homeworlds FAQ are available online.
- Sample game on YouTube
- Homeworlds Theater: Episode 1 (first of a series)
- Strategy Video: The Bluebird Mistake
- Homeworlds can be played online at Super Duper Games.
- Andy's article on Homeworlds.
- Andy's Deal: How to win a Homeworlds medal.
- How to make a travel-size Homeworlds set
- Rules available in French in pdf format at www.jeux-icehouse.com
|Featured in Playing with Pyramids|
|Gnostica · Martian Chess · RAMbots · Pikemen|
|Volcano · Zagami · Zendo · Martian Backgammon|
|IceTowers · Icehouse · Thin Ice · Homeworlds|
|Featured in ICE-7|
|Zendo · IceTowers · Volcano · Homeworlds|
|Martian Chess · Icehouse · Tic Tac Doh!|