|Designed by Erik Oosterwal|
|An abstract strategy game for two or more players (inspired by the game Y.)|
|Players:||2 - 6|
|Trios per color:||1|
|Number of colors:||5|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|1 "Official" Y board.|
|Setup time:||<1 min|
|Playing time:|| 10 minutes|
0.167 Hr- 60 minutes
|Game mechanics:||Placement, Movement|
|Status: Initial design (v), Year released: 2010|
Number of players
Designed for 2, but more can play.
Get three pyramids of the same color onto the points of one of the five outer-most concentric triangles.
- 1 Treehouse set
- 1 "Official" Y board (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_(game) )
Players take turns placing a pyramid onto any unoccupied space on or within the main, central concentric triangle. Once all pyramids have been placed, if there are two or more pyramids of the same color occupying the points of the central banding triangle players continue to take turns swapping one of the
Yshuis uses the pie rule for selecting the starting player--any player may make the first move, the second player may accept that move and make a move of their own or they may take over the first move as if it were their own.
- During their turn a player may move one pyramid.
- A pyramid may be moved any number of spaces along an unobstructed line. (The lines crossing through the points of the main, central concentric triangle are segmented, or broken, at those points.)
- Any pyramid may be placed on top of a smaller pyramid that is on the same unobstructed line.
- Any pyramid may be placed on top of an adjacent pyramid that is the same size or larger.
- Only the top-most pyramid in any space is considered visible, or in-play.
- Only visible, or in-play, pyramids may be moved.
- Only visible, or in-play, pyramids may be considered for a winning condition.
A player wins by causing three pyramids of the same color to be visible, or in-play, on the points of one of the five outer, concentric triangles.
This work is distributed by Erik Oosterwal under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.