What can be listed here
Only add rules if you are the copyright holder or the rules are licensed such that you're free to redistribute them. This applies to contest entries as well. - MiSuBa
So should we not post "Community Games" here if they were in one of the Ice Game Design Contests?
- Any completed design can be listed here. The IGDC area is simply reserved for IGDC winners. Non-winning participants can still be listed in Community Games if they are completed designs. - Cerulean 10:55, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
Community Games that belong on Under Development instead
Penguin Soccer tipped me off to the fact that some games listed on this page are still considered by their author to be works in progress. Such games should be listed in Games Under Development instead. The Existing Games page is a common first stop for newbies, and they should only see tried-and-true designs first, without the risk of selecting an unfinished design. - Cerulean 10:44, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
- I concur with this assessment; and I go further on the Main Page talk, where I suggest we make our Game List pages very explicit (In Design, All Games, Best Games) and change the Main Page overview links and navigation panel to suit. As no one is objecting so far, I may well go ahead and do all that I can (i.e. everything except updating the Nav Panel--but redirects will mitigate that until Mike can catch up). But concerning the basic point above--don't list a work in progress anywhere except In Design--I concur completely. Heck, it should be a moment of pride, when a game is solid enough to remove the GID tag and move it to the All Games page... and even MORE so, when it is awarded or published and may be copied to Best Games as well! --David Artman 11:02, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
- Ooops. Never took it out of "playtest". Have done so now. Thanks for the heads-up. --Nycavri 17:03, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
I've noticed that many of the Community Games listed here are from the pre-wiki days, while most post-wiki games are still Under Development. Odds are some of those pre-wiki designs are implicitly still works in progress. Can we as a community arbitrate some of those into being Under Development in a Nearly Completed state, as a way of parsing down the Community Games page for the benefit of Icehouse newbies? - Cerulean 10:46, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
- I concur; we should remove any game on Existing Games that is still in playtest, after making sure it is listed on Games Under Development (in appropriate section). I can do this, given a bit of time to scan the game pages--one must read several of them to realize they are Under Dev, because the developers won't use the Games Under Development template box (for some reason--it's not that hard to figure out). So perhaps that box should also be added to any page that isn't truly finished, when its link is moved from Existing Games to Games Under Development. If no one else objects, I'm gonna do it sometime this week. --David Artman 12:31, 9 August 2007 (EDT)
Link to Games Under Development Page?
Should we have a link somewhere on this page for "what's under development", or would that confuse those who primarily use this page for finding tried-and-true designs? - Cerulean 10:50, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
- I'd say no, if only because this page's purpose is to show folks all the finished games on the wiki, with clear indicators of the better games (i.e. published or competition winners). There is a link to Games Under Development on the Main page (more than one,a ctually) and in the left navigation panel; that's plenty of guidance for finding testable games. --David Artman 12:31, 9 August 2007 (EDT)
The Icehouse Milk Carton
While reading through the Wunderland archives, I found notes of two Icehouse games that do not have rules at hand: Dave Chalker's Turtler and Alison Frane's Crystal Gluttony. Anybody familiar with either of those games? - Cerulean 17:28, 14 Apr 2006 (GMT)
- I'm pretty sure Turtler was renamed Rat Patrol (and possibly then shelved). - misuba 19:29, 14 Apr 2006 (GMT)
- P.S.: And Toframenn, too.
Games not listed on Boardgamegeek
Enantiomerfolk, Epicycle, Extinction, Focus, Foxtrot, High Ground, Ice Age, Iceberg - May have been developed into Colorful Clues?, Icebomb Arena, IceDam - Variant on IceSickle, Ice Dao, Icehouse Null Game, The, Icehouse Plant Game, The, Ice Ice Baby, Ice Palace, Ice Pirates - Revised version of Armada (Add to Armada page info), Ice Solo, Ice Soo Sorry, Ice Stackers, Ice Stalks, Ikkozendo - Variant of Zendo (add to the Zendo page info), Influence, La Columna de Trajano, La Linterna de LisÃÂcrates, Limn, Lonely Ice, Martian Boggle, Martian Bowling, Martian Chaturaji, Martian Chaturanga, Martian Checkers, Martian Greenhouse, Martian Hold'em, Martian Risk, Martian Stratego, Martian Tic-Tac-Toe, Nightmare Pachisi, Pantopia, Pointsettia, Precary-Ice, Push-Pull, Quinto, Ratones Colorados, Simple Life or Death, Spectra, Spicklehead, Synapse-Ice, Torres de Asedio, Transformartian, Turtler, ÜberMartian Coasters (Does this get added as a variant to Martian Coasters, or as a separate game?), What Blind Ninjas?, Zugzwang