|Designed by Robert Dudley|
|Transform your shapeshifters into the perfect army to defeat the enemy.|
|Players:||2 - 2|
|Trios per color:||4|
|Number of colors:||4|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|Setup time:||less than 5 minute|
|Playing time:|| 5 minutes|
0.0833 Hr- 20 minutes
|Game mechanics:||Capturing, none|
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
What You Need
You need four Rainbow or Xeno stashes and a 5x5 board. The rules are written for Rainbow stashes.
Give one player four red trees and one black tree. Give the other player four blue trees and one green tree. The single trees are the kings and the other trees are the knights.
Players choose opposite sides of the board. The row closest to each player is that player's starting row. Each player's king is placed in the middle space of his or her starting row. The knights are placed in the other four spaces of the starting row.
Choose a player to go first using a method of your choice.
Each turn consists of a Move/Attack phase followed by a Transform phase. After both phases are complete, the turn ends and the next player's turn begins.
Kings and knights move, attack, and transform the same way.
The Move/Attack Phase
- You must either move one of your stacks or attack with one of your stacks.
The Transform Phase
- You must transform one of your stacks.
Movement and Attacking
- Stacks with a small pyramid on top move one space orthogonally. They attack diagonally adjacent enemies.
- Stacks with a medium pyramid on top move one space diagonally. They attack orthogonally adjacent enemies.
- Stacks with a large pyramid on top move one space either orthogonally or diagonally. They attack enemy stacks exactly two spaces away in a straight line either orthogonally or diagonally. They can attack over other stacks.
Stacks can never move backwards or sideways except by attacking.
Stacks are destroyed when they are attacked. Remove the destroyed stack from the game and move the attacker into the space the destroyed stack occupied.
Transforming a Stack
To transform a stack, move the pyramid on top to the bottom of the stack.
There are two ways to win the game:
- Move your king into the enemy's starting row.
- Destroy the enemy king.
Printable 5x5 board - PDF download