The following is a list of known pieceniks, along with their custom sets.
- Andy Looney made the original set from fishing weights, and made several others
- Number 12 made many, many sets, including helping with the early poured resin pieces.
- Kristin Looney has made many sets as well.
- Eeyore has made sand-filled pieces, dyed plastic pieces, plain wooden pieces, wooden laminate pieces, glue filled pieces, Minimice (minimalist metal pieces), and holey pieces 
- Zarf has decorated various pieces, and created a custom set of flat Zarcana pieces 
- Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist has made several sets out of plaster of Paris, painted with acrylics, named Geometry, Wizard, Dragon and Shadow 
- Eric Zuckerman has made several stashes from polymer modeling clay, including Gouda and Rhymes With .
- Jason Spears has spray painted pyramids to get a dark green and a black stash (These were made from extra white and purple stashes).
- Eric Zuckermann's Icehouse site has a lot of information on early pieceniking.