Ley Lines of Mars
|Ley Lines of Mars|
|Designed by Avri Klemer|
|Place pyramids on the surface of Mars to claim mystic dominance|
|Trios per color:||5|
|Number of colors:||2|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|Martian Coasters, Volcano caps|
|Setup time:||1 minute|
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
Martian mystics have studied for generations, searching for ways to tap into the inherent power of the Red Planet.
Today, by exerting influence at key points on the surface, the two wisest seers of their age will vie for dominance.
Who will reign supreme on Mars?
- The four standard Martian Coasters are set up as normal, creating a 6 by 6 grid.
- The Volcano caps are placed within reach of both players.
- Each player takes a monochrome stash of a unique color.
- Players alternate turns placing either a piece from their stash or a cap into any empty space.
- Players may not pass unless they have no more pyramids and there are no more caps unplayed.
- Play continues until all 35 pyramids are placed. There will be one empty square.
- A diagonal line must have at least two pieces. Therefore a corner square does not count as a diagonal.
- If a diagonal line is filled by placing a colored piece, the player placing that pyramid immediately scores points equal to the number of pips of their color on the finished line.
- Two diagonals can be filled with one placement, and in this case, the player scores both lines. The placed pyramid scores twice, once for each diagonal.
- The placement of a cap never results in any scoring.
- A cap ends a diagonal line. If a placed pyramid fills a diagonal from edge to cap, or cap to cap (and is at least two pieces long) this diagonal is scored normally.
This work is distributed by Avri Klemer under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Inspired by the game Diagonals, as played at SDG, in August 2007.