|Players:||2 - 5|
|Trios per color:||3|
|Number of colors:||5|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|An Envelope, an Opaque Bag and some Paper|
|Setup time:||1 minute|
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
How Kumbha Came to Be
One day, a broke college student was sitting at a library desk trying to earn enough to avoid the cafeteria that week when she got to thinking about all the great card games Looney Labs made. She already had Chrononauts and Fluxx, but the one game she had liked a lot but had never brought was Aquarius. It was a very fun game to be sure, but at 10 dollars it would cost her the month's snack allowance at least, not counting tax and shipping. She was already over budget from pre-ordering Zombie Fluxx and adding on 2 new TreeHouse Sets in a fit of monetary insanity. But wait, why not use what she already had? The cards of Aquarius are pretty simple, why not adapt Aquarius to the 3 TreeHouse Sets she already had? Thrilled with her new idea, she raced of to the IceHouse wiki and began a new page...
- Dump out the pyramids into the bag. Remove one small of each color and put them into the envelope.
- If you're playing with less than 5 people, it's pretty easy to cheat. However, if you do and someone else claims victory, you'll look pretty stupid. So don't cheat.
- Fold the paper to form a screen for each player to put their "hand" behind.
- Pass around the envelope to each player and have them draw out one goal pyramid each. Make sure this remains separate from the hand.
- Pass around the bag and have each player draw out 5 pieces without looking and place them behind their screen.
- Once everyone has drawn their hand, remove one piece and place it in the center of the playing area.
The basic play action, as in Aquarius, is "draw one, play one".
- To play a piece, place it next to a piece with either the same color or the same pip count in a upright postion.
- Connections must be orthogonally in a grid.
- Smalls are not used in connections but as action cards:
- Orange/Red: Grab a Pyramid - Pick a pyramid in play and put it in your hand.
- Clear/Yellow: Move a Pyramid - Move any pyramid in play to any legal location.
- Cyan/Green: Trade Goals
- Purple/Blue: Re-Deal Goals - Put all the goals back in the envelope and choose again
- White/Black: "My Hand Stinks. Give Me Another One!" - Return all your pyramids to the bag, mix it around and draw out 5 new pyramids.
To win, a player must connect 6 of his or her goal color. Winning does not have to be on the winning player's turn.
- I did not design Aquarius. I don't own it. I don't even think that Mr. Looney knows about this page yet. All I did was think of a way to make it work for Tree House pieces.
- Kumbha is the name for Aquarius in the Indian Zodiac.