Revision as of 17:07, 7 November 2016 by Lambda (Update todos for Pyramid Arcade, link to some pages that need some more info added)
This is a list of things that need to be done, with the most pressing needs at the top. Feel free to reorganize it as you see fit.
- Make the Main Page look nicer on mobile
- We now have the mobile extension installed. For the most part, this allows things to look good on mobile devices; but the image on the main page doesn't scale properly. We probably want to figure out a way to make it fit into the mobile layout better. There are some notes on how to do this in the MediaWiki docs
- Work on the Template:Infobox Game and Semantic MediaWiki setup
- Designer property should probably turn into multiple individual designers; not sure how to do that in the infobox
- Description currently has wikitext on many pages, but that doesn't seem to be supported by the current version of Semantic MediaWiki. We need to either find a way to make a property that contains a plain-text description that goes along with the wikitext description, figure out how to enable wikitext in a property, or make it not be a semantic property.
- Add a search page that allows searching or browsing games by property
- There is a work in progress of a new infobox at Template:Infobox Game Fancy
- Update the wiki for Pyramid Arcade
Write the pageThanks Umjahwa!
Add the games
Create a listbox
- Fill in more details on the games
- Add the components
- Update the various infoboxes/templates to include Pyramid Arcade info
- Update What Can I Play? for Pyramid Arcade
- Upload photos of Pyramid Arcade, add to the main page rotation
- Write a History of Looney Pyramids; there is a history timeline, but an article with more detail would be nice.
- Upload requested images, especially for the Main Page
- Add the Infobox to the rest of the games
- Add brief descriptions to all of the games, and add links to their rules, especially the ones that were in the Ice Game Design Competition
- Help new players choose games to play, by filling in some more games and adding more categories and criteria by which to choose games.
- Help write strategy articles for the games you know how to play
- Some good candidates would be Pikemen strategy, Martian Chess strategy, Branches & Twigs & Thorns strategy, and any game that you think you could write a good strategy article on
- Homeworlds strategy is a work in progress, and could use lots of improvement. Feel free to do copyediting, add advice, reorganize it to a better structure, or whatever you feel would make it better (although deleting the entire thing might be a little extreme)
- Also flesh out the generic strategy advice, perhaps explaining concepts like expected value, sente (Go term), pinning, playing where your opponent wants to play, putting yourself in a situation where you have two good moves and the opponent can only block one, and so on.
- Add the rules for games that you created or have permission to copy the rules of. Even if the rules are available elsewhere online, it's nice to have a lot of them in a consistent format, its good for instant gratification when people are looking for games here, and it can provide a backup in case the original rules go down.
- Do work on the Icehouse in general section.
- Organize the table of contents better, and include more culture articles, stuff like generic gaming kit/icebox, and so on.
- Write a history of Icehouse. We already have a history timeline, but it's incomplete (doesn't list when the first other game to be played when Icehouse pieces (Zarcana?) was invented, doesn't discuss pieceniking, etc), and a prose history would just be nice.
- Fill in some of the wanted pages
- Flesh out some of the short pages
- Improve some of the pages needing improvement
Figure out how to make infobox items (mechanics?) optionalIt looks as if this isn't possible in the way we would like. But we can...
- Make an all-new infobox. Anybody have a good design?
The most useful information from the pages mentioned below should be brought over here and wikified.
Message-Id: <email@example.com> From: John Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:24:12 -0400 To: email@example.com Subject: Re: ICE: Hypothermia Please feel free to include in the wiki anything I wrote or designed (if I did) from any Hypothermia. As far as I'm concerned you can grab any text from my web pages related to icehouse games too, and add them to the wiki. There's an old index page with bad links here: <http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/games/> Thanks, everybody (and Mike!) for making the ice-wiki. Good stuff! :-j