Revision as of 06:34, 20 September 2007 by Donsheldon
This is a list of things that need to be done, with the most pressing needs at the top. Feel free to reorganize it as you see fit.
Make the Main Page look nicer
In Firefox, the list of 'starting points' appears to the right of the weekly image. In IE6, the list appears under it instead, leaving a large amount of white space to the right.
- I think this is fixed, it should work in all browsers now that it has proper css instead of a mangled combination of html, css, and wikicode. If any other editor OKs it, we can delete this whole item.
- Upload requested images, especially for the Main Page
- Add the Infobox to the rest of the games
- Add brief descriptions to all of the games, and add links to their rules, especially the ones that were in the Ice Game Design Competition
- Help new players choose games to play, by filling in some more games and adding more categories and criteria by which to choose games.
- Help write strategy articles for the games you know how to play
- Some good candidates would be Pikemen strategy, Martian Chess strategy, Branches & Twigs & Thorns strategy, and any game that you think you could write a good strategy article on
- Homeworlds strategy is a work in progress, and could use lots of improvement. Feel free to do copyediting, add advice, reorganize it to a better structure, or whatever you feel would make it better (although deleting the entire thing might be a little extreme)
- Also flesh out the generic strategy advice, perhaps explaining concepts like expected value, sente (Go term), pinning, playing where your opponent wants to play, putting yourself in a situation where you have two good moves and the opponent can only block one, and so on.
- Add the rules for games that you created or have permission to copy the rules of. Even if the rules are available elsewhere online, it's nice to have a lot of them in a consistent format, its good for instant gratification when people are looking for games here, and it can provide a backup in case the original rules go down.
- Do work on the Icehouse in general section.
- Organize the table of contents better, and include more culture articles, stuff like generic gaming kit/icebox, and so on.
- Write a history of Icehouse. We already have a history timeline, but it's incomplete (doesn't list when the first other game to be played when Icehouse pieces (Zarcana?) was invented, doesn't discuss pieceniking, etc), and a prose history would just be nice.
- Fill in some of the wanted pages
- Flesh out some of the short pages
- Improve some of the pages needing improvement
Figure out how to make infobox items (mechanics?) optionalIt looks as if this isn't possible in the way we would like. But we can...
- Make an all-new infobox. Anybody have a good design?
The most useful information from the pages mentioned below should be brought over here and wikified.
Message-Id: <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: John Cooper <email@example.com> Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:24:12 -0400 To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Re: ICE: Hypothermia Please feel free to include in the wiki anything I wrote or designed (if I did) from any Hypothermia. As far as I'm concerned you can grab any text from my web pages related to icehouse games too, and add them to the wiki. There's an old index page with bad links here: <http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/games/> Thanks, everybody (and Mike!) for making the ice-wiki. Good stuff! :-j