|IceSickle is a bit similar to checkers, but was originally inspired by solitaire peg jumping games|
|Players:||2 - 2|
|Trios per color:||1|
|Number of colors:||5|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|Setup time:||30 seconds|
|Playing time:|| 5 minutes|
0.0833 Hr- 15 minutes
|Game mechanics:||Jumping, Placement|
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
IceSickle, the Martian Peg Game, is a bit similar to checkers, but was originally inspired by solitaire peg jumping games.
IceSickle (1 IceHouse stash & 5x5 board):
Alternate turns placing pieces onto empty squares. Then take turns jumping a piece, diagonally or orthogonally, over at least one other piece into an empty square. Each piece can jump over its pip-count in squares. Remove the jumped pieces, and score their pips. Continue until no jumps remain. Play again with a different starting player.
Determine who will start the first round's Placement (Sowing) phase. The second player will go first in the Jumping (Reaping) phase.
Phase 1 — Placement (Sowing the Field)
Take turns placing one pyramid from the stash onto an empty space on the board. After all pieces have been placed onto the board, move on to the Jumping phase.
Phase 2 — Jumping (Reaping the Harvest)
Take turns making a valid jump, which captures at least one piece. If a player is unable to do this on their turn, the game ends. Each player totals up the pip counts of the pieces that they have captured, and notes those scores. Then remove all remaining pieces from the board, and play a second game with the other player placing the first piece. Total the scores from the two games; the player with the highest cumulative total wins.
Definition of a jump
A jump is made by following these steps:
- Select a piece on the board.
- Move it in a straight line (orthogonal or diagonal) over (at most) as many spaces as its pip count, and land in the following space — which must be empty
- smalls can jump over only one space (and land in the second),
- mediums can jump over one or two spaces
- larges can jump over one, two or three spaces
- Remove all pieces that were jumped over (captured) during the move, and place them in front of the player that made the move.
- pravidlÃ¡ IceSickle v slovenÄine
- IceSickle is listed on BoardGameGeek.