|Players:||2 - 2|
|Trios per color:||5|
|Number of colors:||2|
|- - - - - - Other equipment - - - - - -|
|Setup time:||1–2 minutes|
|Playing time:|| 15|
15 Min- 30
"" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
|Status: complete? (v1.0), Year released: 2987|
|Created in May,2002|
By Ken Leyhe VerF 1.1 Revised 05/02
Be the first player to jump two queens off the opposing side of the board. Stalemates are possible.
B. 2 Icehouse stashes of different colors.
A. Each player takes 5 small (pawns) and 4 medium (queens) pyramids.
B. Players place their queens on their back row black squares.
Pyramids have different moves available.
- Pawns may move diagonally onto any adjacent, empty square.
- Queens can only jump diagonally over any friendly pyramid thus capturing it. Multiple jumps are allowed.
- Pawns that are captured are placed back into the stash and may be used again.
- Queens that are captured are removed permanently from play.
On a players turn he has 3 actions available, he may perform 1 action per turn.
- If a queen has a possible capture, it must make the capture.
- A pawn may be placed on any unoccupied black square.
- A pawn may be moved.
A. The player who jumps two queens off of the opposite side of the board wins.
B. A stale mate occurs when both players have only one queen in play.
- In the case of neither playing having enough queens to win, a victory can be granted a player who has gotten at least one queen off of the board, when his opponent has not.
Strategy Having played this twice, there's a lot to be said for backtracking when pieces become bunched together. Note that the directions don't prohibit one from moving or jumping pieces backwards. [Nihilvor 3/11]
Historic NoteThis game was obviously inspired by George S. Parker's classic game of the same name. [Nhilvor 3/11]
Chivalry is listed at BGG.